Follow Us Facebook Fan Page Twitter Page Full RSS Feed ......
At the age of ten life seems simple, it's all about running jumping and climbing trees. By eighteen you have discovered the opposite sex, alcohol and nightclubs. By twenty five you are your own person, confident and full of life. Suddenly you hit thirty. You find yourself questioning your choices from the years that have past, feeling slightly left on the shelf, wondering where your life is heading, juggling family and friends and faced with ever aging parents. You are not alone, welcome to 30 years and countinga sideways look at life in your thirties.

Booze, underwear and perverts. All in a weekends work.

Two main things happened to me this weekend. Namely I completed the game Mass Effect on the trusty Xbox and secondly I got called a pervert. The first of these is pretty simple to explain even if it did take several months to get around to it . The later however is a story of a night full of booze, women in their underwear and partying. All of which I just happen to have on video. 

I guess I should start at the beginning. Friday night Maz, Hayley, Mark, Chris, Tom, Louise, Mark, me and countless others gathered in a local pub to celebrate Lou’s 29th birthday (that big 30 is creeping up on you). We had gathered in the same pub only a few weeks earlier to celebrate her boyfriend Paul’s birthday as documented in this post. Unlike Paul’s birthday however which was marked with party games and sumo suits Lou had decided to go with a theme. The theme in question was “sexy” or to put it in her own words:

So the theme is SEXY! And it is going to be what I think is SEXY - which is SEXY UNDERWEAR and UNIFORMS. Now this can be interpreted  however you like/feel comfortable. Whether that be wearing a corset, being able to see your bra through your top, wearing a military or school uniform, or (for the girls) anything you bought from Ann Summers

Sexy then. Hmmmm. Well I went for the sexy look of jeans and a T-shirt. Come on what did you expect stockings and suspenders? Okay so it was a bit of a copout but there was a good turnout and a lot of people really embraced the theme. There was everything from naughty nurses, sexy school girls, kinky cabin crew, corsets, underwear and…. well you get the idea. Lou even went all out and wore two outfits during the night.

The one thing I did bring with me was my trusty Flip video camera. I usually take it with me on big nights out and just like Paul’s birthday a few weeks earlier I intended to make a video of the evening. Now of course with everyone in their smalls I needed to exercise some careful modest camera work. To be honest most people didn’t really care and were more than happy to play up to the camera. A few people came and asked me what I was doing but I simply explained I was a friend of Lou’s and was making a video of the night and they were happy to carry on having a good time.

A few people that is except one guy (who I won’t name and shame) who demanded to know what I was doing and why I was being such a pervert with my camera? To be fair he was no doubt just looking out for people at the party which is an admirable thing to do but his attitude and the way he came across sucked big time. He told me he was running the party and that if I was videoing Lou’s birthday I should only video her and exclude everyone else. Like I said I wouldn’t have minded but the way he said to me felt like a threat. Do what I say of else! It doesn’t matter what everyone else thinks. Obey me and me only! I mean the guy wasn't even a guest at the party in the first place.

Anyway I went and checked with Lou that no one had any objections to my filming. I then doubled checked and she assured me it was fine but even then I still felt like I had done something wrong when all I was trying to do was capture the fun everyone was having. It really put a downer on my night. A few pints of Guinness later though and everything was back to being good with the world if you know what I mean.

Yesterday then I got around to editing the footage of the party. I knew I had some great stuff but the words of Mr Grumpy stuck in my head. Would people get offended by what I had shot? That was the last thing I wanted. Giving it some thought though I decided that we were all adults and if people were willing to walk around a pub in their underwear in the name of fun they probably wouldn’t take offence when I then made a  film to celebrate the occasion. They just didn’t strike me as that sort of bunch. So to hell with Mr Grumpy. He was probably just pissed off that I was at a party surrounded by beautiful people in not many clothes and he wasn’t part of it.

Here then is my video of Lou’s 29th birthday. What do think, harmless fun or a pervert? I think I have done a tasteful job. From the reaction so far from people it seems like I called it right. 








Most popular posts this month

Most popular posts of all time

Want to write for us?

Do you like our site? Have you got something to say? If you are approaching or in your thirties and would like to write a piece for us then we would love to here from you.